View Single Post

Old 12-05-2022, 08:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 117.37 MB
With the undercarriage parts shaped, it's time to start dry fitting the skin. We start with the cockpit portion:

I made the cockpit fit by removing the pilot seat and fitting the cockpit to the formers, then putting the pilot seat back in. Doing this also pointed out my mistake - the pilot seat is pitched too far forward. Oh well, it's glued down at this point and nobody will notice.

With that problem situated, I glued the undercarriage to the bottom of the plane. It's a pretty good fit, though not perfect. Here are the bomb bays:

Not perfect but I can work with it. Here's the top skin shaped and put together:

I'm starting to do things "out of order" a bit and decided to work on the stabilizers after the skin. Here's a teaser of the instruction for them and the parts:

That's all for today Once again I'm pretty behind on posts but that's okay! I've made loads of progress on the plane in the meantime
Attached Thumbnails
F-117a Nighthawk 1:33 scale, Halinski-cockpit-dry-fit.jpg   F-117a Nighthawk 1:33 scale, Halinski-undercarrieage-view2.jpg   F-117a Nighthawk 1:33 scale, Halinski-skin-dry-fit.jpg   F-117a Nighthawk 1:33 scale, Halinski-stabilizer-instructions.jpg   F-117a Nighthawk 1:33 scale, Halinski-stabilizer-parts.jpg