View Single Post

Old 12-19-2022, 02:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 86.00 MB
Northern Flicker new model

I've been absent from here for awhile but working on this one, my first one designed in a computer modeling program, to pepakura to unfold, then to work the confusing mess of polygons to a bird! It helps that advances in programs makes this especially timely. You tube to learn ect.
Once a pattern is settled on...... this is a process....then to paint scan, improve ect ... I think this one is about ready to show.

I guess although the flicker is the best known American Woodpecker, may a bit of info, even if one of the first birds most learn when you start noticing birdlife. Most of you are familiar if you live in North America, this bird can leave in suburban (urban?) environments (parks,ect.) as has a wide range of diet, and is generally resident where it lives regardless of the winter, as turns from bugs on the ground (ants are a special favorite) to leftover fruit and tree boring larvae in the winter. They are social birds and I believe they stay in a family group through the winter as do the Geese. When you come upon a tail or wing feather of a flicker when you are hiking, just looking at the markings is a wonder.

Blender, what an awesome program, coupled with Pepakura is amazing.

Last edited by birder; 12-19-2022 at 02:35 PM.