View Single Post

Old 12-20-2022, 10:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.90 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
My initial thought of the technique used by Yoav on this Meteor was that a single seam along the demarcation line was good enough. However, making a seam along any panel line is probably better than one on the bottom.

But,,,,,,,, every model section may have a different seam location. While geometrically it makes no difference where the seam is located, it will make the rendering and coloring a bit more challenging. I do see it as a worthwhile method that should be adopted by more designers.

Isaac

Hi Isaac, how are you?
The model is progressing very nicely, nice work.

Regarding the connections on the sides of the model (this is also the case with engines)

I decided to hide the seams on both sides of the body where the panel joins are, to avoid a seam along the bottom of the model, which I do in all my models in 1:30 scale.

I could only make one seam on one side of the model where there is a panel connection, but for me it was not symmetrical and on one side the seam would be more visible than on the other side, so I preferred to divide the part in two, with the belly being one part and the upper part being the second part.....a little more work, but the result is better and more symmetrical between the left and right sides of each part.

In models (like MYSTERE and SUPER MYSTERE) where the canopy continues along the entire upper part up to the stabilizer, I of course make one long connection along the entire back of the model.

Happy Hanooka

YOAV