View Single Post

Old 01-02-2023, 05:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 92.57 MB
Don I guess I'm surprised you don't have more flickers, of course the "yellow shafted" type in your region, maybe a recolor in those colors would be fun if only for more time....

Moving to the finish of this model, the feet are cut out, woodpeckers like parrots and owls have 2 toes forward and 2 toes rearward, they have good sized claws for clinging to vertical surfaces that they prop themselves up against with very stiff central tail feathers. When the toes are cut out they are rolled 1/2 way, I used the bamboo skewer that is used to make up the legs, and the claws glued together. it looks more realistic if some curve is added lengthwise to the toe, as can be obtained without damaging the paper. The toes are glued 2 forward and 2 back but when the legs are on the base later. The small part is rolled and slipped down over the legs to the toes after the toes are attached to the legs, so will turn to making the base.
Attached Thumbnails
Northern Flicker new model-feet1.jpg   Northern Flicker new model-feet3.jpg   Northern Flicker new model-feet4.jpg   Northern Flicker new model-feet5.jpg   Northern Flicker new model-base1.jpg  

Northern Flicker new model-base23.jpg   Northern Flicker new model-base2.jpg  

Last edited by birder; 01-02-2023 at 05:54 PM.