View Single Post

Old 01-22-2023, 04:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
I was stymied by the cranked wing dihedral.
I didn't have any trouble with the wings. I did the wings themselves first and added them to the fuselage but tried to make the dihedral not too big. Because of the lack of formers it is a little difficult to get it in place the first time.
What was more disturbing to me were the cuts in the chine section of the fuselage which came out very notable. I decided to take the uncut part out of the spare print I always make and glue it over the original one. I sanded the edges to become more flush with the original surface. It might still be a little crude, but to me it looked better than without.
The chine on Zio's Spitfire is working like a charm and is one of the best transitions from fuselage to wing I have ever seen in a simple one-page model. This one doesn't work so good.

But well, in the end, the Breda BA65 was a butt-ugly plane and it seems Breda has a trade mark on that. Just look at the train they designed some years ago for the Netherlands (which was subsequently rejected because a plethora of design faults):