View Single Post

Old 01-24-2023, 09:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
Cool Completed

The Meteor Mk8 in Israeli Air Force camouflage is now complete.

My impressions:
- beautiful rendering of a classic first generation fighter jet.
- interesting use of double glue strips on the fuselage and engine nacelles.
-lack of internal support from the inner wings to the nacelles is unusual, but there is so much surface area, that structurally it is still very good. Some may want to add more material if they wish.
- pay attention to the nacelle mating markings to set the correct orientation relative to the fuselage.
- Modifications to the inner wing spars are needed if you decide to add a landing gear bay. Think ahead.

-There is no existing landing gear or bays for a Meteor model in any scale suitable for this version and therefore you need to scratch build one on your own based on photos of actual plane.

Lastly, the original scale of this model is 1/30 scale which is unusual ( I talked about this in the past a few times ). So unless you are committed to all of Yoav's designs in 1/30 scale, you will need to scale it down to your collection needs ( usually 1/33 scale which is popular ).

I think a bare metal Meteor Mk8 should be rendered ( wink ).
and..... I would love to see a trainer two seat Mk7 as well.

Here is a first set of pics of the Meteor and a reference book ( more historical than technical ).
Meteor F8-Yoav design in 1/30 Take 2-img_8053.jpgMeteor F8-Yoav design in 1/30 Take 2-img_8057.jpg

Isaac