View Single Post

Old 01-24-2023, 03:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Flight Deck and Hanger

Okay, it's been quite some time since I've been able to update.

As you may recall I completed the first deck, after doing all of the stairs I started detailing the flight deck working my way forward to the hanger.

Unfortunately I was delayed for a period of time as I had insufficient reference images until Stan and Craig accommodated me.

What took the greatest period of time was all of the exterior wiring on the hanger, in some areas it was like trying to knit spaghetti!

And again, these textures are generic meant to expedite the process.

Hanger is done, I haven't done anything above the hanger as that will be the first thing done when I move up to the next level.

Back on track now, I hope to move right along with all of the lockers and components around the base of the aft stack, after that the ASROC control, slowly working my way forward to the torpedo tubes.

This was specifically put out on a chroma key green (RGB values; 4,244,4 for an exact key) background for the amusement of the team's Emmy winning producer.

Two more, short animations are here-> HANGER - YouTube
And here-> FLIGHT DECK - YouTube

Yes, just wait, the paper models are coming...
Attached Thumbnails
DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-orleck-temp0121.jpeg   DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-orleck-temp0122.jpeg   DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-orleck-temp0123.jpeg   DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-orleck-temp0124.jpeg   DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-orleck-temp0125.jpeg  

DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-orleck-temp0126.jpeg   DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-orleck-temp0127.jpeg