View Single Post

Old 01-30-2023, 05:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 46.91 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumb Dog View Post
Hi All,

Many thanks to those who have followed and commented on this vintage model thread.

Tom, your “House on Wheels” is new to me and looks like it’s worth a build. And we’re looking forward to seeing more of your collection on these pages, built or unbuilt.

Speaking of advertising models, I’m including a built-up pair from Tom’s collection. First up is the custom Persil soap truck and trailer. No publisher or date is listed on the model, but it is assumed to be printed by the Henkel Corporation of Germany, the makers of Persil and many other products.

Also seen is a French delivery truck, Au Bon Marche, or, The Good Market. I believe the model comes from the drawing board of Louis Chambrelent of Paris, but no publisher is listed.

Paper advertising models used to be popular in Europe, especially France, and Tom Greensfelder has quite a collection. They are sometimes quirky and odd, but always colorful and interesting.

All for now,

Score and fold,

Thumb Dog
Juste a note : the Chambrelent house, founded in 1873 in Paris, which exclusively produced paper advertising objects: images, chromos, cardboard, blotters, notebook covers, and above all fans. Chambrelent quickly opened branches in major cities in France and abroad, but disappeared after the Second World War.