View Single Post

Old 02-27-2023, 11:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 517.40 MB
Shvetsov M-11 radial engine

Probably one of the most produced aircraft engines when all the 19 variants are counted in. Used on 19 different airplanes and at least two propeller driven motor sleds. Soviet design by A.D. Shvetsov and produced between 1923-1953. Some estimates I could find say the total number being over 100.000 engines built and that is not hard to believe since Polikarpov Po-2 which was powered by M-11 reached over 50.000 units made.

I took the engine from the Kartonowa Kolekcja Polikarpov Po-2 LNB kit. I bought it when I years ago was thrilled by Leif Ohlsson's Po-2 threads, both building a 1/16 scale and research he made back then. You can visit his Po-2 thread here and get there reference he gathered from the downloads if you are interested. Fabulous stuff.

I built the engine because I stumbled upon those Leif's threads recently, remembered I have the kit and wanted to give it a try. At least the engine. ;-)

Built according to instructions, sole addition to the motor are the spark plug wires. Push rods for valve rockers are then cardboard strips, ignition wires solder wire and air intake tubes solder wire inside a shrink tube. And the prop spins too. :D

Regards,

Tappi
Attached Thumbnails
Shvetsov M-11 radial engine-1-engine-shvetsov-m-11.jpg   Shvetsov M-11 radial engine-2.jpg   Shvetsov M-11 radial engine-3-engine-prop.jpg   Shvetsov M-11 radial engine-4-backside.jpg   Shvetsov M-11 radial engine-5-scale-pic.jpg  

Shvetsov M-11 radial engine-6-kartonowa-kolekcja-kit.jpg