View Single Post

Old 03-12-2023, 11:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 517.40 MB
Dang, did I just waste my time, is this a show stopper? This issue escaped the quality control at Kartonowa Kolekcja staff - almost all wing panels have different colours. I didn't notice this when the parts were on different pages, it escaped me even when I cut parts out but when I put them side by side it was evident. Nevertheless I proceed to the assembly to see how it might look at that stage and I must say I'm pretty annoyed at the moment. Shoot.

So far building has been a pleasure. Kit is accurate and tolerances are 0,5 mm (pic 2) so one has to be careful with cuts and folds. Wing assembly was an adventure though - the upper wing alone has astounding 61 pieces in itself. I managed so and so, it has bumps here and there but I don't mind. Pictures 3 and 4 show the inner parts of the lower right side wing with the bombing sight hole at the wing butt (correct terminology?). First you assemble the inner structure with a few spars and on top of those some gtrips for the glue. Then you glue it in and close the wing. It becomes quite sturdy that way but the procedure feels a bit peculiar for starters.

But the colours. I know that during active service colours might have been almost anything due to field repair and maintenance but this is supposed to portray a museum plane. I have to think about this.

For those who want to see a proper building report of this kit there are a couple of them at the site.

Until next time,

Tappi
Attached Thumbnails
Shvetsov M-11 radial engine-18-colors.jpg   Shvetsov M-11 radial engine-19-cut-carefully.jpg   Shvetsov M-11 radial engine-20-lower-right-wing.jpg   Shvetsov M-11 radial engine-21-bomb-sight-inner-surfaces.jpg