View Single Post

Old 03-18-2023, 03:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.57 MB
Hello everybody, is there anybody in there?
And thus to this new variant for the production of the Handrail brackets that I have been thinking about.

The idea behind it is actually simple and based on the production of such a U profile with a greater length, from which I then carefully cut off small 1 mm long pieces and close on one side.

Thought and done, gluing the side strips (0,13 mm x 0,75 mm) to the base strip (0,25 mm x 0,5 mm) took place again in the proven manner by fixing between the rulers.

Such a Steel ruler is also ideal for aligning the U profile, which happens to be 0,5 mm thick as on commission.

Then the U profile was glued to the end strip (0,13 mm x 0,8 mm), which I deliberately left a little longer and fixed flat.

However, since my steel angle for the vertical alignment of the U profile offers much more support, I then chose this arrangement, which made the gluing much easier.

For final fixation while the Revell glue was drying, the deck ruler was moved to the stop,

whereby the U profile was glued perfectly.

For the separation of the end strip I've thought about this special fixation on a small steel block,

after which the razor blade was used.

To complete the bracket, only the end piece (1 mm) had to be separated from the U profile,

for what I needed five rulers for fixation, which I arranged in such a way that I could now use the razor blade to score at least the upper edge of the two side strips on the 1 mm line, which only has a minimal overhang (0,25 mm),

wherefore I had to take a close look myself with the headset magnifying glass over my glasses, assuming a steady hand.

Launch Pad 39A with Challenger STS-6 (1:144)