View Single Post

Old 03-26-2023, 12:13 PM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
The development of the basic B&W suspension is complete.

The first photo is of the enlarged jpeg that I drew the basic shape of the suspension over. To do this I first created a new blank layer. Thus, the lines that I drew were on this layer, and not on the photo itself. Next, I created a new blank Photoshop page and, using the mouse with left click depressed, dragged the layer over onto it. If you go back to the beginning of the thread and open the development1 pdf file, you can see the 3 outline drawings that I used as the basis of the entire design.

Using the 3/4 rear view photo as a reference I came up with a track width that I thought looked about right and separated the outside/inside suspension halves by that amount and then drew in the strip that will later support the track itself. I didn't know how much length I needed, so I just drew the strip to the very edge of the 8.5'x11" page. I mirrored the completed part for the other side.

The second photo shows the basic right-side suspension part. I had already drawn on all the glue tabs using the Photoshop line tool.

The third photo shows the alpha build of the hull and left-side suspension part along with the right-side suspension drawing. The printable area is smaller than the full page, so I lost an unknown bit of length on each end of the track strip, but the two ends still overlapped by about a quarter of an inch.

The remainder of the photos shows the alpha build of the suspension glued onto the alpha build of the hull. I'm very happy with the way it looks.

Next, I'll generate layering parts for the suspension, and fill all the suspension parts with texture, highlights and shadows as previously explained. Also, I need to look for images of tractor or bulldozer tracks that I can modify to fit over the track support strip. If that doesn't work out, I can draw and texture my own tracks if necessary.
Attached Thumbnails
Barbastro tank SCW-suspension-development.jpg   Barbastro tank SCW-build26.jpg   Barbastro tank SCW-build27.jpg   Barbastro tank SCW-build28.jpg   Barbastro tank SCW-build29.jpg  

Barbastro tank SCW-build30.jpg