View Single Post

Old 05-16-2023, 06:24 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Thank you for your interest and input, fellas. The alpha build of the main hull went off without a hitch, and photos will follow later today. I used the sideview drawings from the excellent Landships article referenced in post #1 as a starting point. Why reinvent the wheel? Speaking of wheels, I designed the Field Monitor wheels in my head when half asleep last night. As Charlie suggested, they will be "spoked" in a manner of speaking to reduce weight The outer surface will be skinned with steel plates to provide protection and increased strength. I'm going to leave the inside open so that the construction of the wheels will be visible. I'm thinking 12 spokes per wheel. I like to add highlights and shadows to my models, so this will provide an additional challenge when texturing the wheel parts.

After I post a couple of photos of the hull's alpha build, I'll begin the texturing process. Since the vehicle was intended to be used in the American southwest it will be khaki colored, not that this giant thing could really be camouflaged in any meaningful way, LOL.