View Single Post

Old 05-31-2023, 11:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 84.35 MB
Greetings from Oshkosh!

Hello all!

As is custom (and required) for all new members on this forum, I am writing an introductory post to get to know the community and to introduce myself to the forum.

I'm an aspiring classical musician/composer who loves assembling and designing paper models on the side.

I love working with model kits concerning aviation, especially WWII bombers and early jet fighters. (Although that was probably easy to guess from my profile photo and location...)

Of those, I particularly enjoy working with Polish kits (GPM, Orlik, Modelik, Maɫy Modelarz, etc.) because of the detail that the designers put into the interior. I find being able to look inside a model and actually see something there make these kits all the more rewarding to finish.

Unfortunately, I'm not as successful as I'd like to claim with paper modeling, but many great artists start with a lot of failures. Although I'm sure the wonderful people on this forum will recommend techniques, materials, suggestions, design tips, etc. to help me improve my work.

I can't wait to start modeling with you all!

-theOshkoshModeler