View Single Post

Old 06-08-2023, 07:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 26.66 MB
Multiple surgeries later (incl. botched one...some people need to improve their knife-skills! ) I am finally picking up the knives again to do some cutting myself.
Fully intend to get this tank finished, like me it's had a loooooong break collecting dust.
Unsurprisingly it is all the small & tricky parts that need doing.

I decided to try the hinges [44] for the engine cover - these have a hefty 1mm circle to attach at each end. Managed to roll the tubes & get the end disks attached. Much like the towing hitches these are surprisingly convincing as parts once made up (despite my hiatus, which has made them & the pics less stellar than I'd like!).

Moved on to the lamps, more petals (!) & tail lamp. Front lamps will need paint to tidy them up I think. I tried a punch for the circular parts [84, 85] helpfully this ripped the paper instead of going thru. Blunt or just me? Probably both.

Made up another equipment box [80-83] & have tried to add wire loops to the tool box.
Decided to try some brush pens for edge coloring, we'll see how that works out.

Generally I am seeing what the designer intended & I think I am learning some useful skills, even if this tank arrives too late to see much action
Attached Thumbnails
GPM 353 T-34/76 mod. 1940-hinge-1.jpg   GPM 353 T-34/76 mod. 1940-lamps-etc.jpg   GPM 353 T-34/76 mod. 1940-box-hinges.jpg