View Single Post

Old 06-11-2023, 12:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 814.53 MB
CL-52 update

Hi All;
Although it wasn't intended to do the five inch guns until later, the first rotatable and elevated unit was done anyway, since I'm locking down the drawings for weaponry. It works, and the drawings are updated so that the other seven should be quicker to do. If you are interested you can find the operating manual for the real thing easily on GOOGLE. There were several common versions of the mount. The ones on CL-51 and 52 were model 28, which was quite different from later versions. The mounts on the DD-850 model were much later versions and were only of partial use for CL-52. So much for saving time! Oh well, research is half the fun. I never realized that it goes on forever. The turret build sequence shows an array of assorted parts, then the three major assemblies and finally the complete turret with a penny for size comparison. Strange to believe that there are 38 parts in that. Work at the moment is concentrated on the port side. The ships boat is in place, as are a couple of rafts on supports below the twenty MM gallery. One torpedo mount is now in place. I got lazy and decided not to make it rotate. The first turret is in the number three mount. The photo sequence shows the turret and fire director aimed to port, with the guns depressed. The second shows the director forward and the guns elevated. It is a lot of extra work, but it makes the model a lot more photogenic, by the time it gets on an ocean.
Regards, rjccjr
Attached Thumbnails
USS Juneau CL-52-6-9-23-1r.jpg   USS Juneau CL-52-6-9-23-3r.jpg   USS Juneau CL-52-6-9-23-6r.jpg   USS Juneau CL-52-6-11-23-1r.jpg   USS Juneau CL-52-6-11-23-2r.jpg  

USS Juneau CL-52-6-11-23-5r.jpg   USS Juneau CL-52-6-11-23-6r.jpg