Thread: Pmi
View Single Post

Old 07-16-2023, 02:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
I'm very sorry to hear that Lou and his wife Barbara have both passed away.

I was a 20 year old growing up in the Columbia river Gorge 41 years ago in 1982 having very few prospects in this remote region, only 45 miles away when that same year he set up PMI in Beaverton Oregon.

Lou became a very good friend and "mentored" me, he bought my first model and then it's copyright back in '82, he taught me everything I know about card models, he told me about the roles that they had played throughout history as well as telling me all about HIS "personal" introduction to card models as a young man in the military, stationed in Germany (?) as well as his own, personal "building techniques", I still do it the same way today as he taught me more than 40 years ago.

It was Lou who put me in touch with NOAA to design the Monitor Model, unfortunately, when initiated, neither one of us knew that it would take four years to complete, the Model was completed just as he retired back in 2008, that's why only 20 of the monitor models were ever printed, those models that I produced in that 4 decades, he was more than happy to publish, his distribution actually benefited several museums.

Marji and I last visited him and Barbara back around 2015, talked to him a few times after and the last time I talked to him he said that he and Barbara were spending their time on the Oregon Coast.

I literally "owe my career" to Lou and "hope to do him proud"...

(Thanks Lou!)

Last edited by FRD; 07-16-2023 at 02:53 AM.