View Single Post

Old 09-26-2023, 11:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 157.17 MB
Hello to all paper modelers !!!

in last weeks I had a bit of spare time for work on the model of the Italian Ironclad RN ITALIA in 1:200 scale.

Unfortunately I don't post some intermediate pics between the previous posted status and the actual one... I missed to share with you all a view of an intermediate status and now I post what is actually built.

The ship is not yet completed .. as missing components there are still a couple of launches, some Hotchkiss revolving guns, propellers, some stairs, the stand rigging, anchors and chains, a stand for the model and a transparent case...

But, looking at the pics of the original ship and checking with some tables of the ship drawn by an old modeler, I found that I must to modify a bit the military mast... the top pole, on the real ship, was not put in front of the upper mast part, but was like an "extrusion" from this ... and so, I have to change this part of the model, putting the upper mast in the right position..

it will be not a simple operation, but I think I'll do it in a reasonable way...
Just that is not so simple, anyway, put the fingers to change something that has been already realized... but the life is so.. :-)

Anyway, here following some pics of the RN ITALIA at the today's status..
I hope you'll like

See you at the next update !

ciao

Jp