View Single Post

Old 10-04-2023, 11:16 AM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
Jack Collins

Some people are described as having character; Jack Collins is one! This affable, talented personality greets you with charm and a warm presence. Jack exudes a friendly presence, even as his skill in papermodeling is indisputable.

Jack is a fixture in the community; a long time member, a recognized skilled builder, and with his uniquely identifiable hats, the renown auctioneer of the kits donated to raise funds at the conference dinner each year. Rumor has it that many people bid not for the kits, but to see what antics jack will do to coax another bid…(I’ve never seen this auction myself, but the rumors are strong that his personality is a primary component of the fun).

Jack’s table displayed a series of extremely detailed ship models; some over 3 feet long. The ships represented span from early steam driven, White Navy vessels of the turn of the 20th century, to modern fictional depictions of fantasy submarines.

The builds are large, detailed, and they are well finished. There are no gaps, not white edges, and no fit issues. These are museum-quality constructions.

Picture 1: Illusrates the main room from the angle that would follow my tour; from one end, near the exit doors, around the ring, to permit a circumnavigation of the room. Jack Collins Table is the first…

Picture 2: Jack sitting near his collection of ships…

Picture 3: Another picture of Jack sitting near his collection of ships, permitting scale perception…
Attached Thumbnails
Touring the 2022 International PaperModeler's Convention (IMPC)-11-room-main.jpg   Touring the 2022 International PaperModeler's Convention (IMPC)-12-jack-collins-table.jpg   Touring the 2022 International PaperModeler's Convention (IMPC)-13-jack-collins-table.jpg