View Single Post

Old 11-02-2023, 10:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 553.70 MB
Hi All,

And hi, Ahab, and welcome to the forum. I’m sorry I didn’t see your post when it first appeared, so I’ll take this opportunity to comment now. You did a fine job when you built your model. I especially liked the touches you added that did not come with original kit. The real twigs and green moss really add some color and texture to your model.

I built the model myself a couple of years ago. When I did, I used my computer to erase the thick, black, rectangular line found on top of the base for the cross because I didn’t understand what it was for. Only after translating the French phrase, Tire-Lire, did I realize that the model is a piggy bank. The thick, black rectangle is to be cut out to form a slot for coins. The model’s subject matter, showing the gentle, old man asking for a coin, all makes sense now. When the paper bank if finally full of coins, the money is to be taken to the church and left in the alms box. That’s the purpose of the model, to act as a reminder to help the poor.

I am including a copy of the uncut Epinal sheet for the members of the forum to enjoy.

Thank you, Ahab, for sharing your model.

Score and fold,

Thumb Dog
Attached Thumbnails
Imagerie d'Epinal No. 903 "La Croix du Chemin"-graveyard-scene.jpg