View Single Post

Old 09-29-2009, 04:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 53.52 MB
1:50 Paper Protagonist

I've been off the hobby design-shelf for a few months, but one of the primary projects I was working on before my hiatus was an extension of my 1:50 Scale Star Wars miniatures (if there are enough of you who are curious, I can post a separate thread showcasing those). I have long considered the limitations of the original design and made several prototypes in an attempt to design a poseable and interchangeable miniature made of paper.

The original concept was to make this a marketable print, with several options and kits, allowing the maker to assemble nearly any 'hero' of soldier-type miniature they desired, and allow it to be both repeatable, and poseable, so that several copies could be made at need (say, for example driving, or in an action pose, or whatnot).

I'm still muddling over the design, but I think I have close to a final concept. Sadly, it is only male, I have not yet figured a way around the curves of a female model at this scale. Obviously these were prototypes, so only printed in B/W. I am not happy with the shoulders mostly, a ball-joint is a serious pain to replicate.

Anyway, comments are appreciated, I hope to pick this up in the coming weeks/months.

Tirick