View Single Post

Old 12-21-2023, 10:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 516.88 MB
Monastery of Sant Jeroni de la Murtra

I decided to build the two free models available at a Barcelona tourism(?) site:
Retallables - Educacio ambiental

I'm starting with the model of the Monastery of Sant Jeroni de la Murtra.

Some care needs to be taken with the printing of the PDF pages as the scaling of the 6 pages of parts is not the same as the scaling of the page with the base. (I suspect that the underlying issue is various printer test marks/margins were not removed from the base image.) The model pages are stored as images in the PDF file, so I pulled the images out and fixed the scaling there.

With rescaling and printing of 2 "original" parts pages to 1 letter page, I am building at something less that 50% of the designed model scale.

I have limited experience with these models, but I thought the design was interesting in that there were several places where I would have expected separate parts for walls and roofs, but instead everything was combined into one larger part.
Attached Thumbnails
Monastery of Sant Jeroni de la Murtra-a01.jpg   Monastery of Sant Jeroni de la Murtra-a02.jpg   Monastery of Sant Jeroni de la Murtra-a03.jpg   Monastery of Sant Jeroni de la Murtra-a04.jpg   Monastery of Sant Jeroni de la Murtra-a05.jpg  

Monastery of Sant Jeroni de la Murtra-a06.jpg   Monastery of Sant Jeroni de la Murtra-a07.jpg   Monastery of Sant Jeroni de la Murtra-a08.jpg   Monastery of Sant Jeroni de la Murtra-a09.jpg