View Single Post

Old 01-15-2024, 04:19 PM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
Peter Ansoff

Peter is the organizer of the International Paper Modeler’s Convention and a skilled builder. Fortunately, I was able to catch him at his table. This can be difficult, when interviewing, as he has a number of duties and obligations in running the event. This year was different, as though the morning, when I spoke to him was slow, the activity was busiest in the later part of the day.

Peter is a pleasant fellow; very serious and clear when speaking. I had a chance to ask him the questions that I intended to follow with all artists that I interviewed; about his kits, about his techniques, about the tools he preferred or recommended, and about his feelings regarding attending the IMPC.

Peter has to drive between 20-30 minutes to get to what has become the long-term location of the IPMC (in Virginia); a long drive, but far better than when he use to have to attend in Ohio, before taking over management of the event. Peter told me that he’s been attending the IPMC for 23 years! Of those years, he attended 2 in the original location of Dayton, Ohio and the remaining 21 years in Virginia, when he took over managing the event.

Picture 1:
Selection of kits on Peter’s table

Picture 2:
Selection of kits on Peter’s table; Einstein, water system, Fireball XL-5, Space Shuttle, Big Ben, Barn Owl

Picture 3:
Selection of kits on Peter’s table; 34 Ambulance, 27 Rolls, 29 Roadster 1-24sc

Picture 4:
Selection of kits on Peter’s table; Steam Locamotive 1-24sc by Alcon S.L. out of Spain
Attached Thumbnails
The Walk-Thru of the 2023 International Paper Modeler's Convention (IPMC); the 25th-collection-peters-kits.jpg   The Walk-Thru of the 2023 International Paper Modeler's Convention (IPMC); the 25th-einstein-water-system-fireball-xl-5-space-shuttle-big-ben-barn-owl.jpg   The Walk-Thru of the 2023 International Paper Modeler's Convention (IPMC); the 25th-34-ambulance-27-rolls-29-roadster-1-24sc.jpg   The Walk-Thru of the 2023 International Paper Modeler's Convention (IPMC); the 25th-steam-locamotive-1-24sc-alcon-s.l.-out-spain.jpg