View Single Post

Old 01-18-2024, 02:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperairforce View Post
Amazing plans and way beyond my pay grade! Please, pack a parachute I'd have to agree with others, this kind of thing could be of terrific corporate interest somewhere, but otherwise sounds like ultimate fun.
Thank you. Yes, not leaving the ground without a ballistic chute for the aircraft.

Everybody should know:
This project will probably never make it into the air. Might get finished.

To fly it is going to take some serious money for insurance.

Since nobody on this planet has flown an Electric Duct Fan in a full size aircraft, what do you think the insurance will cost? $1,000,000 liability coverage on my RV6 is crazy expensive.

Oh and what about my qualifications to fly an experimental electric jet? I've flown helicopters and airplanes, but never anything like this. To get insurance you need to show flight time experience.

Only option here is to travel to Oshkosh, WI and take the pilot training in a jet powered glider.

I will then need a LODA from the FAA that will allow me to fly small turbine aircraft like the Subsonex. This would be the closest flying aircraft to what I am building.

All of these steps require major $$$$$$$$$$

My best option to get it in the air is to hire an experienced test pilot who has bunches of jet aircraft time logged.

To find someone to climb in and take -off in such a small airplane will be interesting to say the least.

99% failure on this one. Sure wish I could upgrade to 100% and go onto something else. Can't let $17000 go to waste without trying. Curious about that 1% chance. There are options, just don't know what they are yet.

Besides if it don't work, my leaf blower is bigger than yours. 382lbs of static thrust will move a bunch of leaves.

Mike

Last edited by mbauer; 01-18-2024 at 03:08 AM.