View Single Post

Old 02-11-2024, 01:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.59 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siwi View Post
The metallic pen technique also works on dark laser prints, as it's also shiny enough to be wiped before it dries.
Once again a very professional build. Will we get to see all your stable of X-15s together?
Thanks, everyone. Folks here have provided a lot of inspiration and education over the years, and I’m very appreciative. This build has kind of incorporated all I’ve learned about the hobby — and the X-15. That said, I’d probably build another one if the opportunity presented itself….

As far as photographing them all, I could. I need to re-arrange my limited shelf-space anyway. I’ve got 11 X-15 builds in 1/48th, two in 1/32nd and one in 1/72nd. I’ve thought about trying one in 1/144th.

Frankly, I’ll probably get rid of a couple of them, packing them and sending them to author Michelle Evans, whose help (and research) has been most valuable. If you’re the least bit interested in the X-15, check out her book, “The X-15 Rocket Plane: Flying the First Wings into Space.” It is an exhaustive history of not just the X-15 but the people who designed, built, flew and provided support for the three X-15s. It’s a very human story filled with great detail.