View Single Post

Old 02-22-2024, 10:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 136.69 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post
Do you have a source or reference for your assertion, a news clip perhaps? As I said before, I am no expert; you are making a very broad claim with no support, that frankly sounds implausible. I'm do not mean to be rude or disrespectful, but we seem to be living in a time where misinformation spreads like wildfire while conversely we literally have access to information at our fingertips.

Not offended by someone asking for a source at all. In this case, the source is Royal Mail's own website - if you look under terms and prohibited items it explains the current rules and what will be changing on 22nd April, including explicitly that you can no longer use their age verification to do so. Prohibited goods - items you can't send through the post Several other sources are also reporting this story. It's not been confirmed yet by other couriers but given the way the law is worded it is highly likely they will also follow this practice - not least because it was using Amazon that one child managed to get a knife sent to them. There may be some way that other couriers use age verification to continue sending legal blades, but we don't know that yet.