View Single Post

Old 02-24-2024, 06:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 747.08 MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siwi View Post
Not offended by someone asking for a source at all. In this case, the source is Royal Mail's own website - if you look under terms and prohibited items it explains the current rules and what will be changing on 22nd April, including explicitly that you can no longer use their age verification to do so. Prohibited goods - items you can't send through the post Several other sources are also reporting this story. It's not been confirmed yet by other couriers but given the way the law is worded it is highly likely they will also follow this practice - not least because it was using Amazon that one child managed to get a knife sent to them. There may be some way that other couriers use age verification to continue sending legal blades, but we don't know that yet.
Thank you Siwi for your reply. I looked at the page you provided and several links within it. I have to admit I felt a bit confused as I opened more and more links which all seemed to go back to the same pages, very circular. I suspect some the actual language that I was searching for is within 'The Offensive Weapons Act of 2019', but I had trouble trying to navigate that ordinance(?).

I finally almost stumbled upon this because I skipped the very *first* (duh.) link for businesses, 'https://business.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/867', which pretty much states everything you are saying, and no where does it say it has to made out of metal to be a "blade", so there's your carboard knife too. It still seems implausible, but there you go.

It'll be interesting to see what happens come around April 22nd, at least for an outsider.

Thanks Siwi (and Vermin_King) for your patience with me,
Dave

Isaac Asimov