View Single Post

Old 02-28-2024, 10:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Smile Dewoitine D21 / Skoda D1 1/100 Artvars

Hello my friends!

After a period of absence due to vacations and some travel, we returned with another test for our friend Leo de la Rosa and his excellent Atvars label. The model is Dewoitine D21/Skoda D1.

The Dewoitine D21 is a development of the French parasol family of fighters that began with the D1 in the early 1920s. Despite being an advanced aircraft, the models of the D1/9/19/21 family were hardly used by the French, but obtained a lot Success abroad being used or manufactured under license in Switzerland, Turkey, Yugoslavia and Argentina.

This aircraft, in addition to being manufactured by EKW, was also manufactured by FMA in Argentina, which built 38 between 1932/39, in addition to Czechoslovakia, which built a version with an internally different engine under license (Skoda D1).

Leo sent me to test three versions of the Skoda D1 (among them one in the attractive color scheme of the Czechoslovakian border police), one Turkish and two Argentinean, it is with them that we will begin the tests.

Argentina had two versions of the plane, one used by the Air Force (operational from 1932 to 1941) and the Argentine Navy had nine machines purchased directly from EKW in Switzerland with rounded tip wings, just as their counterparts in the Air Force remained until the beginning of the 1940s in service.

Atvars models are characterized by the use of formers, and in this case Leo inserted a cockpit, which together with the very well done textures, allow an upscale from the model's original scale (1/72) to 1/48(50) or even same for 1/33.

Early stage construction focuses on the lamination of forming parts and small parts, despite traveling on the weekend for work, I hope that by Thursday I will make progress on the construction of these two interesting aircraft.