View Single Post

Old 03-01-2024, 01:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 204.72 MB
Thanks for the comments! Work will continue.

Don, I recently was able to acquire the Lacroix and Wells book on Japanese cruisers at a not so horrible price. While the true technical portions are a bit lost on me, it is interesting to see the interplay of national policy, technological advances, and evolving strategy that fed cruiser design. And I have not even gotten to the treaty era yet! Very similar in this regard to the Friedman book on US cruisers. I appreciate you recommending both of them.

Thanks for the Chicago references. I have not been able to find a lot on the origin of "Chicago Blue," other than a reference that it might refer to a color that Australian ships were painted when they were operating heavily with the US fleet. Perhaps they used the color of the Chicago as a reference when they were repainting some of those ships? I could be wrong there.

Lou, you are entirely right, the bow design really works out great in paper. I just had to slowly work my way up from the waterline, filing some off of the frame underneath in a few places to allow it all to come together. I need to try and get a decent picture of it, while not stellar my technique in this area does seem to improve with each build.

Doug