Thread: Upcoming models
View Single Post

Old 03-23-2024, 09:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siwi View Post
I was hoping you might design some coaches and wagons for Rocket to pull. I think the third class wagons did have wooden benches in them based on contemporary illustrations.
If you want to do another there is a Royal Mail coach in red and black that appears in illustrations of the train. Hornby have recently released it in OO gauge which has been widely slated for being overpriced, not having the advertised coupling, but mostly because it comes with a postilion figure who hilariously is hunched over and attached to the seat with a plastic plug sprouting from his, um, postilion. More hilariously still the plug is too long and sticks out of the hole in the seat, making the rear of the train look like a very open-air toilet!
Sam's Trains on Youtube? I saw that review.

Is there historical precedence for the Royal Mail Coach? Hornby's version looks like a repaint of their first class coach with fewer windows and a loo...I mean seat on the back. The only Royal Mail Coach from that era I could find looks nothing like it.

Upcoming models-3._coach_cad.jpg
Hornby's version

Upcoming models-30303874521_29f0cbd9ae_k.jpg
Actual Coach

Hornby also offers a flatbed that looks like it's just the rolling chassis for the first class coach with wooden planks instead of a body.
Upcoming models-5._flatbed_cad.jpg