View Single Post

Old 04-21-2024, 02:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Micro DASH

It's like my Momma always used to tell me when i was a small boy, "we don't like it when you're quiet, it makes us wonder what you are into".

I've got the page layup done for the student version, exactly 100 parts on seven part sheets.

So I'm "rapping up loose ends" on this B/W prototype so I can get it into it's case and to good friends of the Jacksonville Naval Museum as a reward for their patience.

The drone is VERY small, measuring less than one inch long (25mm) and only about 3/16 (4mm) at the widest point, there are ten parts in that VERY SMALL area and includes the torpedo load.

Even the underside of the air-frame is detailed, not that it will ever be seen by anyone other than the builder but my core philosophy is, "it's nice to know that it's there".

My models are meant to be looked at with magnification and you will find that the closer you look, the more you will see.

I have only the 26 foot motor whale boat and six ladders to model and this thing is ready for it's case, the case I speak of is unique, I designed it 40+ years ago and it is PERFECT for paper models as this case is equally light weight and was designed to be handled repeatedly just as you would the model but protected. (stay tuned)
Attached Thumbnails
DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-01.jpg   DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-02.jpg   DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-03.jpg   DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-04.jpg   DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-05.jpg  

DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-06.jpg   DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-07.jpg   DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-08.jpg   DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-09.jpg   DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-10.jpg