View Single Post

Old 04-23-2024, 12:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 296.90 MB
Rob Ives has so many models

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin_King View Post
I haven't done ANY of the Rob Ives automata, though I have made many of his other crafts. My biggest fear was that I would go to all the effort and it not work. I saw a build of one of them many years ago that reinforced the moving pieces and then gave them a dose of CA glue (super glue) and sanded the parts smooth after they dried.

Do you think that something like that would help?

I think I have almost all Rob's digital models. His were the first I encountered after I acquired Paul Spooner's Spooner's Moving Animals (which I still haven't built) which got me hooked on paper models and automata in particular.

I bought a few of Rob's models via mail order, then bought some when he started offering them as downloadables. When he started the memberships I signed up and have been a member ever since.

If I could I would go to this year's automata con. I just can't work it out right at the moment.

Some of the instructions for his models are better than others. I have been following for so long that I have a sense of how they should go together.

I am enjoying this thread immensely.