View Single Post

Old 04-23-2024, 02:58 PM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
Matt Bergstrom’s Exhibit; builds even further, further, further, further continued…

<pant...pant...I am running out of extension words>

The base of Matt’s tiered exhibition provided three last models (see pic 1); the FBI Building, the Pentagon, and Alcatraz Island.

The J. Edgar Hoover F.B.I. Building is a very detailed and complicated kit (see pic 2). Matt’s build successfully captures the competing shapes and forms of the structure, as well as the details of the intricate complex. Completed in 1970, the modern structure is named for the department’s founder. At over two million square feet, that’s some small scaling to fit into your palm.

Next to the FBI building, a small replica of the Pentagon was exhibited (see pic 3). The tiny scaled model depicts the 6.5 million square feet in just over two inches. The second largest office building in the world was depicted in detailed graphics to compensate for the tiny size and limited

The third exhibit was of Alcatraz Island (see pic 4). In addition to the actual island base, the miniature illustrates the series f buildings that made up the prison complex. Though the main prison complex is displayed at the center of the island, the accurate miniature even has a water tower, supporting buildings, and even the dock. Even the parade grounds are illustrated in the printing of the island. Alcatraz was shut down in 1963, after it was determined to be too expensive to maintain. Now, as a tourist spot. It’s a valuable resource for the area.

Picture 1: Postcard kits built…

Picture 2: J. Edgar Hoover F.B.I. Building…

Picture 3: Pentagon…

Picture 4: Alcatraz Island…
Attached Thumbnails
The Walk-Thru of the 2023 International Paper Modeler's Convention (IPMC); the 25th-postcard-kits-built.jpg   The Walk-Thru of the 2023 International Paper Modeler's Convention (IPMC); the 25th-j.-edgar-hoover-f.b.i.-building.jpg   The Walk-Thru of the 2023 International Paper Modeler's Convention (IPMC); the 25th-pentagon.png   The Walk-Thru of the 2023 International Paper Modeler's Convention (IPMC); the 25th-alcatraz-island.jpg