View Single Post

Old 04-27-2024, 04:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
forging ahead

Thank you all for your encouraging replies! - Bob, your boat looks great too for all the kits faults, but I have also wondered what would have happened with paper models here in the U.S. if this high profile kit, sold at a major bookseller, had been an absolute success. - Michael, thank you, the advantages of using a terrible cell phone camera! I'd call it the "ten ft. away effect", but at least that is where it will sit. - rmks, thanks, so far it weighs in at 2lb 10 oz, or about 1200 grams. It's about 44 inches long.

From the last picture above, you can see the ribs don’t quite meet the strakes around midship (at the ends some do) . My choices – leave it as is, bend them in to the ribs and clamp, or add another addition to the inside rail, a duplicate piece. After studying a few real ships, it seems that the top piece was indeed thicker actually both inside and out. So to that end I have printed some more railings and will glue them on top on the inside. I probably won’t do the outside as the shields will go there – not sure about that yet! May give it an additional authentic look. Perhaps Thumb Dog knows what those little rectangular slots are for – perhaps used to strap the shields in place somehow? I’m considering cutting and popping out each one for added realism, telling myself c’mon, it will only take about 15 minutes!

Last edited by paperairforce; 04-27-2024 at 04:44 PM.