View Single Post

Old 05-12-2024, 11:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Skype™ to adolfocaetnonetto
Retorning to the mounting, I hope the language difference doesn't get in the way (too much )
I made the inspection windows (at least I believe that's what they're for); Is possible see it int he wings and the horizontal empennage.
Royal Aricraft Factory SE5a, cardboard scratchbuilt 1/32-royal-aircraft-factory-s.e.5a-024.jpg
I cuted some cardboard strips; also I painted a triangular cardboard piece in black and glued a transparent adhesive (Contact brand); later I was gluing the strips in the triangle edges. With the pieces ready (are six of them) I glued it in the place:
- one in each upper empennage surface;
- in each wing secction; in inferior wing these windows are in the superior surface; in the upper wing they are in the inferior surface. In the wing I made two little fairing.
Royal Aricraft Factory SE5a, cardboard scratchbuilt 1/32-se5a-31a.jpg Royal Aricraft Factory SE5a, cardboard scratchbuilt 1/32-se5a-32.jpg Royal Aricraft Factory SE5a, cardboard scratchbuilt 1/32-se5a-33.jpg

In sequence I built the whells.
In a cardboard piece (a), I cuted eight circles (b); in six these circles, I cuted a smaller internal circle (c). Later I glued a each circle (from wich I didn't cut the inner circle) in a thick cardboard (d).
By gluing the circles "without the core", on the previous piece, I obtained the necessary thickness of the tires (e and f); here, I glued two circles in a side, and onde in the other side.
So I sanded the tires toi obtain the rouned shape (g and h). Lastely, I made the "tire hubcaps" (I dont know how these things are calling...) I cut two circle in a thin cardboard and cut out a "slice pizza" in each one (i), to later I join it the edge of the circle (j), to dive a conical shape. Finaly I painted the tires in black and glued the hubcaps in the place.
Royal Aricraft Factory SE5a, cardboard scratchbuilt 1/32-se5a-34.jpg Royal Aricraft Factory SE5a, cardboard scratchbuilt 1/32-se5a-35.jpg Royal Aricraft Factory SE5a, cardboard scratchbuilt 1/32-se5a-36.jpg Royal Aricraft Factory SE5a, cardboard scratchbuilt 1/32-se5a-37.jpg