View Single Post

Old 05-12-2024, 12:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 103.90 MB
My third stash reduction model is giving me trouble. The subject is the Pilsum lighthouse, a sector lighthouse that marks the entrance to the Ems river in Germany. The model is a postcard model by Wilhelshaven in 1:250 scale. I got the model for free at an IPMC convention, as I recall, though I no longer remember the details. It’s a charming, colorful model, like the lighthouse itself.

The lighthouse has eaves brackets and stanchions which (I think) support a cable railing around the perimeter of the roof. I really wanted to make these details because I need practice in working with very small parts. Sadly, I couldn’t do it. The paper keeps delaminating. At this point, my best choice is probably to cut off the three stanchions and one bracket that I did get on. My limit seems to be the tiny red ball atop the roof. It’s not perfect, but it’s OK. Does anyone have suggestions for working with super-tiny parts? Lots of kits that I’d like to tackle have them.
Attached Thumbnails
Stash reduction builds-img_3258.jpg   Stash reduction builds-img_3262.jpg   Stash reduction builds-img_3260.jpg