View Single Post

Old 05-19-2024, 09:40 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Thank you for your comments, Roger. I always fully recolor Patoroch kits for a better look. His colors are monochromatic, and his rivets (and there are a LOT of them), are simple donuts. I try to make my models appear more 3D. I'm glad my rendering of the rivets fooled you - at least for a while.

Another reason I recolor Patoroch's kits are to save ink. I eliminate the color from the areas of the model that will be covered by other parts. Sometimes much of the previously fully colored page will be mostly white.

A final reason I rework his kits are to move all the parts that are to be laminated to cardboard onto their own page(s) so I can just glue the entire page with spray adhesive (I like Gorilla glue brand).

There are many different cardstock brands available to me, and I've had good luck with most of them. This Hammermill stuff is another story, and I'll be sure to avoid it in the future.