View Single Post

Old 12-08-2009, 05:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 53.52 MB
:D I loved X-Wing, bar none, my favorite 'simulator'. XWA is a very good inheritor of the title, but my bloody joystick won't work on my current PC (no XP64 drivers). Yeah, the B-Wing sequences are neat indeed, but I stick by my assessment; there is just not enough room at the top for a hinge, or for the opening swing of the canopy. They do appear to have the side fuel tanks (as that is what they were kit-bashed from) being used as extensible gear. That is a neat concept, and one I'd not thought about. Certainly my gear will likely come from around that area, although I am leaning toward the engine section.

hawkman: my pilots are going well, I have a test print of an untextured Rebel pilot to assemble tonight, and if Jules (paper-replika) finishes his LAAT I am likely (sooner rather than later) to make pilots and troopers to support that. Clone troopers v2 thus may well be first quarter 2010.

The B-Wing (and A-Wing) pilots will actually be far easier to make than I initially imagined. Close examination of a pile of photos and film seems to indicate the uniform is almost identical (except color, no neon orange for them), with only the box controls different. Of course I'm certain a regular x-wing style pilot would work fine in the B-Wing as well.

Sean