View Single Post

Old 01-03-2010, 04:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texman View Post
Wish you had done this like, Thanksgiving!
Sorry my timings was off Ray, but I think you'll have plenty of chances to use this trick. I doubt we've seen the last micro MiG 21 from you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clashster View Post
if you have to paint the edges, why not just paint the whole piece
No reason not to, good point Chris. I guess I'm just being a traditionalist paper modeler (whatever that means). Actually in my case, the supply of paint I mixed up to match the Orlik green is getting dangerously low, so printing the bulk and just doing touch up will help conserve what I have to the bitter end (I hope!).....

Quote:
Originally Posted by willygoat View Post
Excellent work Mike! I've been using the label/sticker paper idea on all of my canopies. It works great!!!
Thanks for the confirmation WG! I figured this wasn't new tecnology, just seemed like a no-bainer.

As a follow-up to this afternoon's activities, I waited an hour and tried to pull off the framing I placed on my test piece:

The paper separated and I had a hard time scraping off what was left behind with my fingernail, so as Willygoat says "works great"! I'm going to use the Orlik parts as patterns and line this thing tonight.

Mike