PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 06-27-2011, 07:26 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
T-16 Skyhopper

"I used to bullseye womprats in my T-16 back home.... They're not much bigger than two meters..."

I've been playing with this model for some time and when not actively working on other things I come back to this now and again. I'm getting ready to print up a trial run on this and thought I would ask all of the modelers here what would be a good size for this. This model is only seen briefly in one scene in the first movie. Anyone have any idea what the actual size of this is supposed to be?

Thanks in advance for the help."I used to bullseye womprats in my T-16 back home.... They're not much bigger than two meters..."

I've been playing with this model for some time and when not actively working on other things I come back to this now and again. I'm getting ready to print up a trial run on this and thought I would ask all of the modelers here what would be a good size for this. This model is only seen briefly in one scene in the first movie. Anyone have any idea what the actual size of this is supposed to be?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Attached Thumbnails
T-16 Skyhopper-screenhunter_01-jun.-27-08.14.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 06-27-2011, 07:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
I found this link: T-16 skyhopper - Wookieepedia, the Star Wars Wiki, which lists it's height as 16 meters.

There used to be a card model of a T-16, but I haven't been able to find it in a while.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyaa View Post
I found this link: T-16 skyhopper - Wookieepedia, the Star Wars Wiki, which lists it's height as 16 meters.

There used to be a card model of a T-16, but I haven't been able to find it in a while.
Thanks for that. I'm wondering what size the model was in the movie, but this will help. There will be a [new] card model soon
Old 06-27-2011, 08:40 AM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
There is one here, under alliance

Home

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 06-27-2011, 08:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 6.62 GB
Quote:

The original page is offline, but it still comes up in the Wayback Machine; Das Incom T-16 Skyhopper-Bastelmodell

I built this one way back when. it's nice, but the bottom of the cabin needs to be "busier", when compared to the screen version. Good shots of the original model are here; T-16 Skyhopper Studio Model

Scott K.
Google Adsense
Old 06-27-2011, 09:59 AM
Banned

Thanks for the links and information guys. This is a much more complicated model than some, but all of the info presented so far has been very helpfull. Thanks. I'm probably going to come up with my own textures. Can't stand the thought of a griffin on my model, perhaps I'll use some sort of real bird of prey, or maybe a Phoenix??
Old 06-28-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
This model is only seen briefly in one scene in the first movie. Anyone have any idea what the actual size of this is supposed to be?
Quote:
that can be true according to "official" data, BUT... ILM, despite being a volcano of ideas for models and props, has never shone in terms of accuracy for proportions and dimensions so, my advice is: start from what wookieepedia says and then examine carefully all the blueprints and pics available, make some comparisons with other ships (e.g. X-Wing is supposed to be 12.5 m long, which is plausible, whereas A-Wing (9.6 m) is totally wrong!) and decide what's the best compromise between official dimensions and a realistic rendition
maybe 16 m or whatever it is could work in the end, you only have to try
Old 06-28-2011, 09:23 PM
Banned

I'll take that all into consideration, thanks. BTW, your English was fine in this post. Keep on Trekkin! =/\=
Old 06-29-2011, 02:42 PM

many thanks!!! :D I'd love to have more time to work on it too...
Old 08-26-2011, 08:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott K View Post
The original page is offline, but it still comes up in the Wayback Machine; Das Incom T-16 Skyhopper-Bastelmodell

I built this one way back when. it's nice, but the bottom of the cabin needs to be "busier", when compared to the screen version. Good shots of the original model are here; T-16 Skyhopper Studio Model

Scott K.
Thanks again for those links. I'm wrapping up a few things this weekend, so I'm going to start picking away at this. I'll get some photos up soon.
Google Adsense