PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 02-27-2012, 01:41 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
I really didn't want to bump this thread, but.... I got so sick of the hypocrycy that I just had to. I've worked on and gave away so many models that I think that I have a right to say this. I put out a lot of models and in fact want to give more, but when I have jack-offs, purposefully trying to smash me for giving away models... What do I do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
Yeah, well.... I had this special ordered and special built. However, I have told my wife... "I will NEVER buy a PC again.. Such is life.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:24 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
i dont understand?
someone here is bugging you?
did they send a virus or something,
what happenend?
Old 02-28-2012, 11:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceagent-9 View Post
i dont understand?
someone here is bugging you?
did they send a virus or something,
what happenend?
It's a long story...... I'm just going to leave it along, for now.... I talked to someone with regards to things today and will be slightly modifying my posts.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:16 AM
Banned

While working on the TOS Bridges and a couple of the TNG files, I pulled out a couple of theWIP TOS files. I've several of these much farther along, but still have some texturing work on most of them and I need to go back of the unfold on them as well. I want to do what I'm doing with the TOS Bridges and extras to the zip/rar files including some original artwork, texture changes, etc... I've got an Obelisk video that almost done as well that will work as a form of directions. If you look at the Cylon video below, you'll see what I'm doing to go the extra mile when it comes to directions. One of the things that I find fascinating is that all you have to do is download the .pdo versions of these files and follow the red line from part to part and the pdo acts as its own form a of directions. You can glue one part to the next simply by following the little red line, kind of like following the bouncing ball! LOL!

1 to 1 Hand Crafted Cylon WIP Movie 1.wmv - YouTube

If you look at how the TOS was originally textured in the Bryce screen grab, you can see that I've made some major changes, additionally, I've been working on Gabe's Koerner-prise for some time as he sent me the files to the ship some time ago and I thought I would add that to the TOS ships, since I think it is far superior to "That clown footed beast that JJ Abrahms used in the third remake of TWOK." to quote a friend.
Attached Thumbnails
TOS Trek Files-screenhunter_10-mar.-04-09.47.jpg   TOS Trek Files-screenhunter_12-mar.-04-10.02.jpg   TOS Trek Files-screenhunter_11-mar.-04-10.02.jpg   TOS Trek Files-screenhunter_13-mar.-04-10.02.jpg   TOS Trek Files-screenhunter_14-mar.-04-10.02.jpg  

TOS Trek Files-screenhunter_15-mar.-04-10.12.jpg   TOS Trek Files-screenhunter_09-mar.-04-09.36.jpg  
Old 03-04-2012, 12:15 PM
Banned

Obelisk Video Instructions

Well, here we are.... I've built this model three, or four times now and have even shown in progress shots of the build-up, but I've went one step further and took the time to create a video showing the build-up to be used as a further form of directions. What do you think? Is this the way to go? Do you think that this might help facilitate people to build the model? I'll be releasing the 4, or 5 different versions of the 12" model as soon as I can. As always, any constructive, or positive feedback is welcome. Thanks.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="Obelisk Movie Final.wmv - YouTube" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Google Adsense
Old 03-04-2012, 01:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 179.03 MB
The movie does show the how to. I also have seen pdo parts join to parts "red line" feature on a PC. My problem is I run a MAC and can't run Pepakura to see the "red line" feature. I also can't print PDOs to PDF on the MAC. I can only build PDFs at the moment. I am looking into the WINE program to see if I can run Pepakura reader on the MAC. A big thank you for making all of these models available. I would like to take the bridge models and turn them into action figure sets to display in my art studio. I'm a graphic designer and love to build paper models, but I'm trained old school so I'm not a 3D modeler. I'd love to learn but haven't had the time.

Clif
Old 03-04-2012, 01:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 71.56 MB
I like koener enterprise
Old 03-04-2012, 01:54 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
i would really like to see the 42'' model built on a video, maybe a link to a website or something.
i can lite one that size up pretty good.
sounds great and thanks for all the hard work!
jim
Old 03-04-2012, 04:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by clif52 View Post
The movie does show the how to. I also have seen pdo parts join to parts "red line" feature on a PC. My problem is I run a MAC and can't run Pepakura to see the "red line" feature. I also can't print PDOs to PDF on the MAC. I can only build PDFs at the moment. I am looking into the WINE program to see if I can run Pepakura reader on the MAC. A big thank you for making all of these models available. I would like to take the bridge models and turn them into action figure sets to display in my art studio. I'm a graphic designer and love to build paper models, but I'm trained old school so I'm not a 3D modeler. I'd love to learn but haven't had the time.

Clif
I didn't know about the issue with mac's, but I have taken the time to do this kind of thing for the Obelisk and the Cylon Helmet. I'll make sure to do this more often. I try to make every kit available in both pdf and pdo. I'm going to link to some older models, when I started this Feb of last year. The old ones are in my blog here.....

MTK's Card Craft: February 2011

You can see that I did the Obelisk for the first time a year ago. If you look to the right of the blog, you'll see different months listed, each of those months has from one to eighteen models with links to the dowload host and, or the forum where this originally started. Unfortunately, I'm no longer welcome there, so I post all of my work here and don't even update my blog, except to link to newer, reworked versions of the same models.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceagent-9 View Post
i would really like to see the 42'' model built on a video, maybe a link to a website or something.
i can lite one that size up pretty good.
sounds great and thanks for all the hard work!
jim
You mean the 12"?
Google Adsense