PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 01-28-2012, 06:49 PM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
We have something similar already...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceagent-9 View Post
wow 1 thank you!
i can t wait to ry that out!
im looking forward to the day when you can just imput a top sides and bottome image into a software program and it prints out a unfolded pape rmodel!!!
I was watching the History Channel and there's a machine that you can place a physical object in and it will scan and produce a layered replica out of paper sheets...

The DC
Old 01-28-2012, 07:07 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DC View Post
This is my second time trying to send this message. For some reason it keeps getting blocked!

I like the build pics and directions for the Preserver model. Thanks.

I do not know why anyone slammed your models. You Aurora is great. I haven't built it yet, as I am still seeking some silver textured paper for the forward hull, but I am looking forward to it.

I agree that people should thank you more, but maybe others have had their messages be stopped like mine?

In any event, great and appreciated work....

The DC
I have no idea why you are being blocked, but you can take it up with a mod, or admin. That does sound par for the course though. I'm not really looking for kudos, but it is common courtesy. At least that's the way I was brought up.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DC View Post
I was watching the History Channel and there's a machine that you can place a physical object in and it will scan and produce a layered replica out of paper sheets...

The DC
You can buy 3D scanners and have parts rapid prototyped right on you desk. You can change the size add details, convert file type and any number of things. Next Engine is the scanner and there are several desktop prototypers.
It helps to have worked in engineering and to keep up with all of the new toys that are out and on the horizon.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:18 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
aluminum paper

hey the dc
just print aluminum on the card stock first, and then the aurora,
here is something to get you started
Attached Thumbnails
TOS Trek Files-aluminum.jpg  
Old 01-28-2012, 08:20 PM
Banned

those desktop prototypes,
how much $ are those?
thousands?
Google Adsense
Old 01-28-2012, 08:24 PM
Banned

i found one at desktop factory.
about 10 grand.
you mentioned one that prints layers of paper you glue together to make a 3-d part?
Old 01-28-2012, 09:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
i found one at desktop factory.
about 10 grand.
you mentioned one that prints layers of paper you glue together to make a 3-d part?
I don't know about that one, but I can find out.

FYI, some of the models that I make were made by my friend Laz Rojas, here's a link to his mods for Elite Force, if you have the game, or can get the game and are a big Trek fan, especially TOS, then you have to download his TOS mods.

Laz's Game Mods
Old 01-29-2012, 02:46 AM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
Quote:
hey the dc
just print aluminum on the card stock first, and then the aurora,
here is something to get you started
Having trouble posting tonight again!!!

Thanks for the idea.

I bought some silver foil paper this Christmas but it had no texture. I found the textured foil that looked about what I thought I remembered, but it was only in gold. I am waiting to see if the store gets silver textured foil.

I took pictures of the original model, the reversed-mod of the second Tholian model, but can't remember where I put those albums [this was way before commonly accessible digital cameras!]. I can't honestly remember whether the decayed silver laminate was smooth or textured. It has been a long time.

What I want to do is get both paper and make a build thread to honor the designer, one as he drew it, one with the foil & adding te edge texture. I figured out how to do that after studying what he posted.

I always thought that the greatest compliment to a designer was not only that people built his work, but continued the creative path that he had forged. Sort of keeping his legacy going with new generations of creativity.

In any event, thanks for the suggestion and I'll let you know when I am ready to build,

The DC
Old 01-29-2012, 10:47 AM
Banned

I've got some shots of the studio model of the Tholian and Aurora if you need them, I'll post them.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:28 PM
Banned

Dread, Obelisk, Rom and Kling D-7

Greetings.......

I've been a bit busy with some of my resin work, but wanted to let everyone know where things are. I). I should have the last obelisk series ready to download soon. The only delay has been creating an instructional video and working on my resin models. II). I'm still working on the Dreadaught, but want to have the textures complete and the few small issues worked out before I post it. III). I've got a Romulan and Klingon set of D-7's close to being done, but wanted input on size and what not. I've got these scaled for the 1/350th Enteprise kit, so if anyone wants another size, let me know.

BTW, Does anyone know who did the original unfold on the Rom D-7 and, or where it came from?

Thanks. Keep on Trekkin! =/\=
Attached Thumbnails
TOS Trek Files-screenhunter_01-feb.-02-18.21.jpg   TOS Trek Files-screenhunter_02-feb.-02-18.22.jpg  
Google Adsense