PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 11-01-2011, 03:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
I found one of those and have been meaning to tell you. What size do you want it? BTW, it may take some time, I'm deep into several things right now.
I think a fuselage length of 18" would be great or maybe a 1/6-1/8 scale. No big hurry, I'm currently working on Thunderchilds War Hawk from Buck Rodgers, comming together nicely. Post pics soon,
Old 11-02-2011, 07:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by closet astronaut View Post
I think a fuselage length of 18" would be great or maybe a 1/6-1/8 scale. No big hurry, I'm currently working on Thunderchilds War Hawk from Buck Rodgers, comming together nicely. Post pics soon,

OK, I'll get on it as soon as I have some time.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulf111 View Post
i would be willing to take a look at the model Neptune, i use Max not Meta though but if you are willing to export the 3D model to .3DS i would be more than willing to make some tweaks to it. i have been having a lot of practice in simplifying layouts, i have been redoing most of my ST:Legacy models to actually make them build-able.
Model sent, with textures etc. BTW, I went back and looked at your models in the download section...... Very nice work indeed. You're welcome to do what ever you like with that model, If you want me to host it, resize it, texture it, or anything, just let me know.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 967.02 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
Model sent, with textures etc. BTW, I went back and looked at your models in the download section...... Very nice work indeed. You're welcome to do what ever you like with that model, If you want me to host it, resize it, texture it, or anything, just let me know.

got the file no problem, the 3DS file you included did not have any textures applied so i loaded the OBJ file up in 3D Explorer and converted it to 3DS with all textures applied, i will start working on this tonight the only major issues is with the engine assembly there are a lot of crossed polys. i should be able to fix that fairly easily. also will be changing the layout of the main hull and adding bulkheads to strengthen it. anyone have good pics of the cockpit i could possibly add that into it as well.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.41 GB
Quote:
got the file no problem, the 3DS file you included did not have any textures applied so i loaded the OBJ file up in 3D Explorer and converted it to 3DS with all textures applied, i will start working on this tonight the only major issues is with the engine assembly there are a lot of crossed polys. i should be able to fix that fairly easily. also will be changing the layout of the main hull and adding bulkheads to strengthen it. anyone have good pics of the cockpit i could possibly add that into it as well.
You may want to PM Silveroxide. He may have what you need. He scratch built his Viper MK-II cockpit.
Here is a thread on Zealot where he built the Viper MK-II: Colonial Viper Mark II detailing - Zealot Hobby Forum

Good luck with your project.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Awesome Wulf! I was going to get to this, but thanks for handling it. I will host it and post it for everyone and come up with some different textures.
I have pics of the cockpit straight from Zoic and have screen captures as well. While you're working on your end, I'll gather up the refs and send them to you. Very cool! Thanks again.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:08 PM
Banned

Preparing a batch of references now.

Quote:
Old 11-12-2011, 05:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 179.03 MB
Is there a large version of the first viper from the original series? I'd love to build one of those to hang in my art studio. Big fan of the original series. It ended before it had a chance to expand on the characters.

Clif
Old 11-12-2011, 07:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by clif52 View Post
Is there a large version of the first viper from the original series? I'd love to build one of those to hang in my art studio. Big fan of the original series. It ended before it had a chance to expand on the characters.

Clif
Don't know, gues you could always up-size the existing kit, it has been done before. The original series wore thing, real quick, for me... even as a kid, it was an obvious rip-off of Wars and reused the same stock footage over and over...
Old 11-12-2011, 07:56 PM
Banned

Refs for everyone, with more to come.....
Attached Thumbnails
24" NBSG Colonial Viper MK-II-bg_viper-20mkii-20schematic1.jpg   24" NBSG Colonial Viper MK-II-_1-viper-dradis1a.jpg   24" NBSG Colonial Viper MK-II-bsg-caps-8.jpg   24" NBSG Colonial Viper MK-II-bsg-caps-9.jpg   24" NBSG Colonial Viper MK-II-fighter_viper_mk2.jpg  

24" NBSG Colonial Viper MK-II-viper-1.jpg   24" NBSG Colonial Viper MK-II-viper-1missing-detail.....jpg   24" NBSG Colonial Viper MK-II-viper-cockpit-close.jpg   24" NBSG Colonial Viper MK-II-viper-latch.jpg   24" NBSG Colonial Viper MK-II-viper-tracy-cockpit-details-required-1.jpg  

24" NBSG Colonial Viper MK-II-viper-tracy-correction-parts-2.jpg   24" NBSG Colonial Viper MK-II-viper-tracy-pilot-required-1.jpg   24" NBSG Colonial Viper MK-II-viper-tracy-reference-4.jpg   24" NBSG Colonial Viper MK-II-viper-tracy-reference-5.jpg  
Google Adsense