PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 10-11-2011, 06:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Bc 304 usaf daedalus

The BC 304 DAEDALUS.
Inspired by Jan's Sulaco that I've been building i have decided to venture into what is sure to be a gribble nightmare but a labor of love none the less. This is the first pic of the forward hull.

I will be attempting to mimic Jan's sturdy frame design with the cubic idea. and most likely layer and gribble the outer skin when complete should be about 4 long, 2 feet wide and just under 1 foot high. If all goes well i'll release it.
All criticism welcome but please include helpful info with it. no point telling me i suck if your not going to tell me how to make it better. Please no arguments about cannon, almost every view of the ship throughout the shows was different from the last. This is all best guesses and wishful thinking at this point.

mike
Google Adsense
Old 10-11-2011, 08:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 7.19 MB
This will be great. I really love that ship.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:00 PM

Small update

mike
Old 10-15-2011, 09:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.59 GB
I'm sure if it looks close to Daedalus, you'll get few complaints. Daedalus and Prometheus from SG:1 always struck me as what spaceships would look like if they were designed by a civilization that was more accustomed to building sea-going vessels, which I guess was the case with these two spacecraft....
Old 10-15-2011, 10:47 AM

I remember being so excited when earth got it's first ship in the show, an then I couldn't wate till they blew up the ugly thing. the daedalus was a huge improvement in design over the Prometheus. Then it's all opinions anyway in the end as long as I'm happy with it I'm sure there will be others happy too.
Google Adsense
Old 10-18-2011, 01:43 PM

After some scaling issues and inconsistency problems, i decided to start this again with a new approach, a few new references and couple new tools. now after 3 hours of setup and a few more modeling(new tools take some getting used to but there so good) I have arrived at

so much MORE respect for modelers. not easy coming up with a design for large scale models that will be sturdy to work with, strong enough to support themselves, and still be fun to build. time for coffee.

mike
Old 10-20-2011, 08:40 PM
Banned

Funny, I was just working on a Daedelus tonight. Thing is, it's the Trek Daedelus. Doh!
Old 10-21-2011, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
Funny, I was just working on a Daedelus tonight. Thing is, it's the Trek Daedelus. Doh!
Isn't that the one with a giant ball in the front. I'm not hating on trek. seen them all and loved them all. I'm just done with the federation ship design. I think it's time they take that idea in a new direction. There are so many artists out there give them a chance. At least they used other races as a platform for ship design expression. I always thought if its a collection of races shouldn't the ship design change as new races join. Just my 2 cents.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:34 PM

lots of progress even if it doesn't look like it.

next up the connecting sections to the main hull under the deck "turtle shell" and structural support for the hangers.
I'm also considering when i begin work on the missile hatches to design silos for any one interested in that level of detail(i know i am).
This of course brings up the question "will i be designing an open hanger deck?" honestly i haven't decided, but i am leaning toward yes. This would also mean that id have to design a scaled f-302.... as it so happens that's what i've been gathering references for over the last week. GO BIG OR GO HOME.

ever forward
mike
Old 11-04-2011, 11:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 140.78 MB
Brilliant! The Daed is one of my favorite TV ships!
Google Adsense