PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 12-18-2011, 03:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thanks, guys. I'll definately check out the Sketchup site.
The only trouble with other people's models, of course is that they're not necessarily accurate. However, it will be interesting to see what others have done with the centre section.

Whilst this started off as sort of vague ATTE-ish model, it is rapidly becoming a CLone Wars ATTE - simply because that's what I have the most reference for. Up until now I've been using the cross section illustration, a photo of the AOTC movie model (I thought they were all CG!), concept art, screengrabs from AOTC and Clone Wars and the Hasbro toy, all of which are quite different, particularly underneath and have wildly different takes on the centre section.

I'm now concentrating solely on the Clone Wars interpretation.

Thanks again for the input.

Crow
Old 12-18-2011, 03:59 AM

Iiiiinteresting!

I had a look through the Sketchup repository and found several ATTE models, most of which were quite inaccurate, just at first glance. I did, however find two that were pretty good. This one is excellent but appears to have been ripped from a game and looks like it's based on the movie version which is very very different from the Clone Wars version. In fact I didn't realise how different they were. I'd love to know why. I wish I'd seen this model before I started, really. I'd have probably just gone with this.

The second one I found looks very much like it's based on the Clone Wars version and, lo and behold: Overhang! Of course, there's nothing to say he's right, he may have just guessed at it, like me. But the rest of the model, whilst quite simple, fits very closely to what I've seen of the CW screen model, so I'm happy to go with it.

Of course, I can't make any claim to being hyper-accurate myself, I'm already taking liberties with the legs which are much thicker than they should be and lack bevels in places, but that's more due to the restrictions (or what I percieve as restrictions) of the paper medium at this scale.

Crow
Old 12-18-2011, 07:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrovv View Post
Well, the corner leg proto build was a success.

Now I need to add the other toes and figure out what's going on with that waist section. Sigh.

Interesting, can't wait to see more.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:00 AM

Your merest wish is my command

Here's the gun proto-build. A bit cacked up in places and that sphere's not pretty (but then they seldom are) - but on the whole a success I think.
I'll definately go with proper spheres for the gun balls - which I'm glad about.

I put the 2p in for scale - for non-UK'ers, it's exactly 1" in diameter.

Old 12-18-2011, 08:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 136.8 KB
Great job on the gun.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.92 MB
the gun does look good. Your barrel rolling / building skill is great. That sphere I cant build half as good.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.66 GB
Going thru my many saved pics and what not I found these two that show the underside pretty well, and a nice top view. I have always liked the AT-TE since seeing it in the movies and then the series. So I have collected as much info as I could on them.
Jeff
Attached Thumbnails
Atte-img12a.jpg   Atte-img13a.jpg  
Old 12-19-2011, 03:24 AM

Thanks for those.

I'm the same. I have gone through every episode and taken multiple screenshots of each and every appearence of the tanks, meaning I have a bajillion of them. The shot there of the underside is from 'Cargo of Doom' and I've actually extracted that whole sequence as an AVI so I can just run it back and forth and get a better feel for the shape. It's by far the best shot of the underside we have to date. I think it's the one that made me realise that there might be an overhang.

I'll post some of mine later. I know there's not much point, but I like showing my working out :D

Crow
Old 12-19-2011, 03:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.66 GB
Cool, so it seems we think along the same lines some what.. I got most of my pics from the SW.com sites episode guides. If it looked cool, I snagged it. So that means ARC-170s, AT-TEs, Gunships, Cargo carriers, etc.. I really love SW and SW the CW alot. So I really look forward to seeing any of your SW models come out. The Revell model of it seems to be pretty close to the right shapes, for the most part.
Jeff
Old 12-19-2011, 04:14 AM

Son of a Gundark! I had no idea there was a Revell kit!

It does actually look quite accurate and it does have an overhang on the mid section. However, it cuts through the socket for the centre leg, which the screen model doesn't do. Still, it will be excellent for reference.

Britmodeller.com > Star Wars AT-TE

To be honest, if I knew this kit existed, I'd have probably just bought that instead of making a paper model :/

Not to worry. It's still fun.

Crow
Google Adsense