PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 01-14-2012, 08:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Working with tiny parts takes some practice for sure, but with patience and will to experiment, it's doable

Crude work, but I'm satisfied; the saucer-area frame and skin fit as expected. Now I'm going to put it aside for some time.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcold View Post
Working with tiny parts takes some practice for sure, but with patience and will to experiment, it's doable

Crude work, but I'm satisfied; the saucer-area frame and skin fit as expected. Now I'm going to put it aside for some time.
Yes, indeed. I'm really likeing the looks of this. I just DL'd your X-Wing and if this is as good as that model, I'm sure it will be a worthy effort indeed. Do you have links to any of your previous works?
Old 01-14-2012, 10:57 AM

It will be as good Hopefully it won't take as much time. I added a link to my homepage to my profile, it will lead you to the V-wing model, but it's a simple one. I'm preparing some more sci-fi models, both easy and complex ones. I plan to switch to assembling rather than designing in the spring though, so it's probably too early to speak about them.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcold View Post
It will be as good Hopefully it won't take as much time. I added a link to my homepage to my profile, it will lead you to the V-wing model, but it's a simple one. I'm preparing some more sci-fi models, both easy and complex ones. I plan to switch to assembling rather than designing in the spring though, so it's probably too early to speak about them.
Awesomesauce. Got the link, can't wait to see further updates, totally understand the switching to builds in the Spring.
Old 08-19-2012, 03:37 AM

So where am I with this thing now? The gun is done, assembly instruction picture below. I started mapping the panels on the surface, again painfully frame-stepping through the blurry intro to get them as close to the damned thing as I can. Some improvising is inavoidable though.
Google Adsense
Old 08-19-2012, 04:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 7.44 MB
I'm looking forward to see further progress on this project! Looks great until now!
Old 08-24-2012, 11:23 AM

Texturing the "low-tech" way I drew the panel lines on the blank testmodel today and I will translate them to the patterns later.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 125.02 MB
i really like the aperture science logo "fun with portals!"
Old 08-31-2012, 12:42 PM

Some test prints to check out the details and the turret assembly - the first section to be finished I made some slight modifications/fixes after the test build, but overall I'm satisfied. In game, the cannons were movable to the side, too; however I decided to have the front-to-back axis fixed. It's doable, but in this scale it would complicate things a bit.

Old 08-31-2012, 03:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 7.44 MB
I already see this in the same quality league as your X-Wing... enjoing every update!
Google Adsense