PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 01-20-2012, 01:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.92 MB
Mektek Wildcat

Sticking with the Mektek mechs, I have decided next up will be the WildCat mech. I really love the mounted RAC in the mouth giving it a distinct look.

Thus far I have finished the torso, so from here on end it should be smooth going. I found that the torso's are usually the hardest part when cleaning up the mesh. Some parts I have altered slightly to make it fit but overall there should not be any noticeable difference when done. I normally only resort to changing parts when I feel it will make the model easier to build. Think this model will end up with more than the usual amount of parts compared to the other mechs that I have done.

I am still pondering what skin to make for this once I start the beta building.

Speaking of beta building. From now on I will try and beta build the model first before releasing it. That is what I have done with the Black Heart and the Cauldron Born. Last year I have put out a lot of models and only saw two of them built. I figured people might not have faith to build a model unless it is proven that it is build able.
Attached Thumbnails
Mektek Wildcat-wildcat1.jpg   Mektek Wildcat-wildcat.jpg  
Old 01-20-2012, 07:34 AM

As per usual the feet / toes are a mess. The toes usually float in mid air and connecting all the parts is usually a pain. I have tried to keep all the parts in tact but had to rotate the toes outwards. The initial model had the toes straight. I tried to keep the toes straight but then the side panels of the toes just doesn't look right. The outer is extremely long and the inner very short. Also the toes was moved off center and resulted in it being a bit harder to build too. I think it looks a bit better with them pointing outward and it should make the model more stable.

This is going to be the only major visible difference between the original and the paper model.
Attached Thumbnails
Mektek Wildcat-wildcat_toes.jpg  
Old 01-23-2012, 02:53 AM

Although I liked the toes angled out, I figured out a way to make them how they should be facing straight forward.

Now for the long tedious unfold work. A quick over view shows that this model will have close to 140 parts. So yeah. This is going to be fun. Usually the MW4 mechs average at around 60 - 80 parts. Last model I built that had so many parts was the L5 - Riesig.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Attached Thumbnails
Mektek Wildcat-wildcat.jpg  
Old 01-28-2012, 04:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 197.71 MB
Way cool!

Where can I find out more about the mektek mechs?

"Truth simply is. Whether you like it or not is irrelevant."
Old 01-29-2012, 11:07 PM

There are not a lot of info about Mektek Mechs, but you can check sarna.net.

Wildcat (MekTek) - BattleTechWiki