Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceagent-9 View Post
absolutely imperial!
Yeah, but I don't like the Yellow.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:35 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
can you change the yellow to amber?
or did you mean another shade of yellow would be better?
jim
Old 04-20-2012, 07:12 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceagent-9 View Post
can you change the yellow to amber?
or did you mean another shade of yellow would be better?
jim
I was thinking of changing it to Red. I may rework the whole thing. This will not be done very quickly, I've obviously got to much going on and need to wrap up a few things, still it is on my radar.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:42 AM
Banned

50" Refit Molding and Casting

I've been talking a lot about molding and casting my Refit for some time around here and every once in awhile I like to show updates on that little project, as well as the 350th TOS Enterprise, primarily because it all started with a cardmodel and has since grown to a vast number of things. At any rate, below you can see some of the recent mold work as well as links to different movies. It all started with Ron Caudillo's Enterprise card model!

One Half Studio Scale Refit Project-1.wmv - YouTube

Refit Movie 2 - YouTube

One Half Studio Scale Refit Reconstruction.wmv - YouTube

Molding and Casting the 50 inch Refit Movie 1.wmv - YouTube

It all started here.....

1-350th TOS Part 1.wmv - YouTube

Attached Thumbnails
TMP Era Card Models-refit-1648.jpg   TMP Era Card Models-refit-1649.jpg   TMP Era Card Models-refit-1650.jpg   TMP Era Card Models-refit-1651.jpg   TMP Era Card Models-refit-1652.jpg  

TMP Era Card Models-refit-1653.jpg   TMP Era Card Models-refit-1654.jpg   TMP Era Card Models-refit-1656.jpg   TMP Era Card Models-refit-1657.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 05-11-2012, 10:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
You have put in a tremendous amount of very detailed work throughout your refit project, Neptune, and that work is matched by the same dedication and skill you show in your many other projects, as detailed in the relevant threads.

I can only admire your abilities, because you have gone into things such as casting model parts, wherein my experience is precisely nil.
I continue to wish you every success in your projects Neptune my friend.

Kind and Respectful Regards Neptune, Uyraell.

"Honi-Soit Qui Mal'Y Pense."
"Ill unto He who ill of it thinks."
- Ed.III Rex Britaniam, AD1348.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uyraell View Post
You have put in a tremendous amount of very detailed work throughout your refit project, Neptune, and that work is matched by the same dedication and skill you show in your many other projects, as detailed in the relevant threads.

I can only admire your abilities, because you have gone into things such as casting model parts, wherein my experience is precisely nil.
I continue to wish you every success in your projects Neptune my friend.

Kind and Respectful Regards Neptune, Uyraell.
Awwwwww shucks, you're embaraskin me.

Thank you for those kind words, my face really did turn red. And to think, some clown ran around all over the net telling everyone.. "He can't do anything, he just talks a good game.." or something to that effect. The same clown went all over Wonderfest in 08 doing the very same thing. You just have to wonder about people. Thanks to the mods and admin here though, I still have a place to show my work. They had the cajones to stand up to the clown posse' and were understanding enough to allow me a little lee way, knowing what had transpired in the past. Still, it is nice to hear a kind word once in awhile. Thank you again.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:54 AM
Banned

Here's some more.....
Attached Thumbnails
TMP Era Card Models-refit-1666.jpg   TMP Era Card Models-refit-1667.jpg   TMP Era Card Models-refit-1670.jpg   TMP Era Card Models-refit-1671.jpg   TMP Era Card Models-refit-1672.jpg  

TMP Era Card Models-refit-1673.jpg   TMP Era Card Models-refit-1675.jpg   TMP Era Card Models-refit-1678.jpg   TMP Era Card Models-refit-1679.jpg  
Old 05-11-2012, 11:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
Seeing this kind of skilled work makes me realise how very much I have yet to learn.
I'm a reasonably intelligent man, with reasonable skills in working with my hands: as an Embalmer, I had to be. But even so: I'll be a long time indeed before I attain anything remotely like your abilities, which I greatly admire.

What I see in your work, Neptune my friend, calls to mind the skills I used to see in the works of Accredited Master Craftsmen, who I had the privilege of knowing in my youth.
They are long since deceased by about three decades, but clearly they have successors, in a curious way.
Your work neatly exemplifies the case, I feel.

Onlookers such as I can only admire the skilled work resulting.

Kind and Respectful Regards Neptune my friend, Uyraell.

"Honi-Soit Qui Mal'Y Pense."
"Ill unto He who ill of it thinks."
- Ed.III Rex Britaniam, AD1348.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uyraell View Post
Seeing this kind of skilled work makes me realise how very much I have yet to learn.
I'm a reasonably intelligent man, with reasonable skills in working with my hands: as an Embalmer, I had to be. But even so: I'll be a long time indeed before I attain anything remotely like your abilities, which I greatly admire.

What I see in your work, Neptune my friend, calls to mind the skills I used to see in the works of Accredited Master Craftsmen, who I had the privilege of knowing in my youth.
They are long since deceased by about three decades, but clearly they have successors, in a curious way.
Your work neatly exemplifies the case, I feel.

Onlookers such as I can only admire the skilled work resulting.

Kind and Respectful Regards Neptune my friend, Uyraell.

Wow! I don't know what to say, perhaps you can get your friend the reaper to knock the clown down a few pegs, so that real artisans can show their work and not be subject to his egomaniacal drive to control others and be a self appointed internet cop?

Below are some more shots, since you seem to be interested in the subject at hand....
Attached Thumbnails
TMP Era Card Models-refit-1680.jpg   TMP Era Card Models-refit-1681.jpg   TMP Era Card Models-refit-1682.jpg   TMP Era Card Models-refit-1683.jpg  
Google Adsense