PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 05-08-2013, 06:10 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
Eldar Wave Serpent

I downloaded newobmij's eldar wave serpent. Instructions are lacking for the build so I will make a build thread for it. You can find the download here on Armorman's thread. item entry number 353. Whole Bunch O' 40k Goodness... As usual, I tend to embellish my models and this will be no exception. There are some fit problems and some structural differences, the main one is in that the curved wings should fold down, but if you do, then you will have fit problems with the bottom engine structure. The cockpit does not lay back on the front glacis and the weapons under the cockpit is over the front intake. With the cockpit in the postion depicted in my build, it would fit great with the Farseers grav tank. That is the one with a head that looks like the BSG Cylon raider. So here is the start of the build. The first photos, is where I am at the moment. The second, is the creators photos which I used for the build reference.

I have been absent from the forums with a builders block, but I am back and I will finish the San Salvador hybrid. Enjoy and see you all around the forum.
Attached Thumbnails
Eldar Wave Serpent-055.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-1352175775496.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-001.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-002.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-003.jpg  

Eldar Wave Serpent-004.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-005.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-006.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 05-09-2013, 06:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 3.47 GB
Welcome back. Looking forward to another of your interesting builds.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:36 PM
Eternal Member

eldar wave serpent

Thank you for the words of encouragement Tom.

The build continues with the enhancements which start from here on. Enjoy and see you around the forum with the next installment to come soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Eldar Wave Serpent-007.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-008.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-009.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-010.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-011.jpg  

Eldar Wave Serpent-012.jpg  
Old 05-09-2013, 05:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
You always do such excellent work. How many copies of the model do you make to have all the pieces for greebling?
Old 05-09-2013, 11:36 PM
Absolute Final Dimensional Contortionist Judicator

Total Downloaded: 398.11 MB
Looking forward to the build....make sure you send pics to Newobmij when you're done.
Google Adsense
Old 05-10-2013, 07:31 PM
Eternal Member

eldar wave serpent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMORMAN View Post
Looking forward to the build....make sure you send pics to Newobmij when you're done.
Will do. I plan on sending some of the finish works to him unless he checks the thread out and gets them here. Hopefully, this thread will help someone else build this model as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin_King View Post
You always do such excellent work. How many copies of the model do you make to have all the pieces for greebling?
For this model I made two copies but the extra parts are glued over laminations and then hand painted. Exceptions are the grills which is regular card stock thickness.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:39 PM
Eternal Member

eldar wave serpent

Here is the next sequence on the build thread. More photos are standing by awaiting editing for your enjoyment. See you all next posting.
Attached Thumbnails
Eldar Wave Serpent-013.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-014.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-015.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-016.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-017.jpg  

Eldar Wave Serpent-018.jpg  
Old 05-11-2013, 07:12 PM
Eternal Member

eldar wave serpent

More on the engine pods and the down thrusters. So far so good and more is in store. See you all next posting
Attached Thumbnails
Eldar Wave Serpent-019.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-020.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-021.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-022.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-023.jpg  

Eldar Wave Serpent-024.jpg  
Old 05-13-2013, 07:54 AM
Eternal Member

eldar wave serpent

The main body of the Grav Tank is finished, now I am working on the turret. The final part, will be the feelers that stick out from the wings. this will be done last so as not to damage them while working on the details. The turret is a challenge. I modified the it somewhat but that is for another posting. In the meantime, here is the next batch of photos for your pleasure. Enjoy and see you all around the forum.
Attached Thumbnails
Eldar Wave Serpent-025.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-026.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-027.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-028.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-029.jpg  

Eldar Wave Serpent-030.jpg  
Old 05-14-2013, 09:41 AM
Eternal Member

eldar wave serpent

The work on the Wave Serpent continues. The bottom of the Grav Tank is taking shape and the extra greebles and stuff is coming out better than I planned. Enjoy and see you all next posting
Attached Thumbnails
Eldar Wave Serpent-031.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-032.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-033.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-034.jpg   Eldar Wave Serpent-035.jpg  

Eldar Wave Serpent-036.jpg  
Google Adsense

Tags
eldar, warhammer40k, wave serpent