PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 08-11-2014, 05:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.13 MB
Thumbs up

I was amazed by the opening doors, especially the driver door because I've never seen any kit or toy that articulated it. But then you made the commander chair slide-able and made the passenger restraint bars moveable.
And since those were just the early details of the build, I think the phrase "blown away" is now insufficient to describe how I feel about what you accomplished.
Old 08-11-2014, 06:23 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by StasiuWong View Post
I was amazed by the opening doors, especially the driver door because I've never seen any kit or toy that articulated it. But then you made the commander chair slide-able and made the passenger restraint bars moveable.
And since those were just the early details of the build, I think the phrase "blown away" is now insufficient to describe how I feel about what you accomplished.
Thanks for looking in and for your kind comment. I went too fast in making the interior and forgot to make the commanders chair swivel as well. i am pleased that you like the build thread.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
I just finished reading this whole build thread. awesome read! being a noobie with papercrafting, i'm glad i came across you and your thread, i learned a lot! i need to go out and buy that revlon curved scissor!

i can't wait to start building my APC now that i've finished this read. when i was younger i used to have the older plastic model, but i never finished it, so finishing this build is my way of making up for it. love how you did the interior btw! anyways, i better start cutting, i don't even know where to begin, you've got my head spinning!! lol!

i'm gonna go watch the movie for some more inspiration!

Last edited by bingerz; 08-11-2014 at 07:12 PM. Reason: just adding more txt.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:28 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingerz View Post
i can't wait to start building my APC now that i've finished this read. when i was younger i used to have the older plastic model, but i never finished it, so finishing this build is my way of making up for it. love how you did the interior btw! anyways, i better start cutting, i don't even know where to begin, you've got my head spinning!! lol!

i'm gonna go watch the movie for some more inspiration!
First thing on your agenda, is to google the ALIENS M557 APC and get as much reference as you can get, from modelers, who did the Halycon version which is a monster to build with mismatched parts. From the real prop versions. From the designer of this model, Jan Ruckr. Get all the photos that you can, and then start to build. Have fun, enjoy and hope to see your work soon.